Myla Dalbesio. If this size 10 model is considered plus sized, how’s a woman with real hips suspose to feel?
It makes me really, really mad. This woman, 27 year old Myla Dalbesio the face of Calvin Klein’s Perfectly Fit and a size 10. She is considered too fat to be a Victoria Secret Model. This stunningly beautiful model is considered plus sized by the neurotic, size obsessed fashion industry. How can we make this stop? Is size zero the only number?
This weekend I’m running yet another body image workshop for women too ashamed or scared to show their bodies to their partners and the world at large. I’m trying to stop the self loathing one woman at a time. Come join us in Ottawa Saturday morning if you are feeling like hiding as well. ” title=”body image workshop”>How can we stop buying into the concept that because we aren’t supermodels then we aren’t good enough!
I’m working on the 10 things you can do to really accept and love your body sexually. Here’s what we do in the first couple of sessions.
1. Do a vision board on a sheet of Bristol board that outlines to pictures of who you are and where you want to get to.
2. Hypnosis audio using self talk and the messages you want to say to yourself to change the message in your head.
3. Read something about health, positive images, nourishment, or being all you can be every morning.
4. Try to get in some exercise- even if its small in your day.
5. Stop comparing yourself to younger, prettier people. People’s views of their bodies are not only cruel but inaccurate.
6. Shut out the critical inner voice that tells us we are flawed. Use an elastic band around your wrist if you have to.
7. Realize this voice is a mosquito – not a dinosaur. Focus on your breathing until it goes away.
8. Keep pictures of your self that you like around you to look at. Notice how beautiful you are. Smile at yourself.
9. Make an effort to only say good things about you. Peel off the layers of self criticism and self loathing.
10 Acknowledge that you have a body image monologue. Notice it when you are comparing your own body seize to someone else’s. Or thinking something catty. Notice the differences but don’t judge. Think and say nice things. Those messages will pay off.
And hum to yourself….
I see the magazines working that Photoshop
We know that shit ain’t real
Come on now, make it stop
If you got beauty beauty just raise ’em up
‘Cause every inch of you is perfect
From the bottom to the top
Yeah, my momma she told me don’t worry about your size
She says, boys they like a little more booty to hold at night
You know I won’t be no stick-figure, silicone Barbie doll,
So, if that’s what’s you’re into
Then go ahead and move along
Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass Lyrics |